As the premier center of career-technical education in Orange County, ATEP will prepare students in current and emerging technological careers for a globally competitive economy.
To offer applied education and training programs in current and emerging technological careers driven by innovative business, industry and education partnerships.
- Finalize strategic planning for initial campus expansion.
- Through a research-based approach, determine the initial new, expanded, and emerging programs for ATEP and coordinate development between the colleges.
- Develop courses, programs, and training; contribute to space planning; and validate student support services by establishing an ATEP Development Forum, with district-wide representation, and discipline-focused advisory committees, to include business and industry representation.
- Identify space, infrastructure, and support service requirements for initial campus expansion.
- Secure at least one Tier One general partner to share in development of the campus expansion by onset of construction.
- Build a funding model with an emphasis on securing outside funding, and ensure transparency in communication of funding sources to the district-wide community.
- Develop a communication plan for internal and external communities and implement regular two-way communication of news, developments, planning, and progress.
- Assist colleges with information and data for college planning including accreditation self-study reports and substantive change proposals.
- Identify state-of-the-art instructional technology, innovative pedagogy, teaching strategies, and modes of delivery and infuse these into all courses and programs.
- Provide opportunities and resources for Saddleback College and Irvine Valley College to enhance existing programs and to offer current and emerging technological programs supported by research and analyses of workforce education and training needs.
- Foster partnerships with business, industry, labor, government, non-profit, and educational institutions to develop, deliver, and sustain new and innovative programs.
- Develop an operational model for ATEP that provides the versatility to offer a demand-driven mix of services, courses, programs, and delivery modes that address immediate and future needs for a qualified workforce.
- Design and develop a state-of-the-art campus to deliver effective career-technical education programs and student services.
- Inform and involve faculty, staff, students, partners and the community in the development of ATEP through consistent communication strategies.